It had been about a year since I purchased anything from E.L.F. cosmetics. I kind of forgot about them but then I ran out of finishing powder. To make a long story short I had made an order a few weeks before this and 70% of my order had been out of stock (the finishing powder being one of those items) and one item was missing from my order (눈_눈). So I waited and reordered and thank goodness this time everything went smoothly. I’ve been playing around with these items for a few weeks now and I’m going to briefly share my impressions.
From left to right:
- Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in Pearl: This keeps my shadow smooth and crease free and makes my shadow more vibrant.
- Beautifully Bare Blending Brush: Whenever I see a new elf brush they are so cheap I cant help but get them to try out because I rarely get a lemon. So far I’ve really liked using this it is great for applying powder, my blush, and bronzer. I would really recommend this.
- Blemish Control Primer: It doesn’t break my skin out and it does help control oil. The only problem I have with it is I have to be careful with what I put on my face before this. If I use my acne face wash or a treatment before my makeup this can sting my face a little.
- Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Plum/ Purple: These colors look stunning, but they don’t stay on my lids for linger than an hour or so even with primer.
- Expert Liquid Liner in Gold: It helps add some pop to the black eyeliner, but the glitter can migrate.
- Lash Extend Mascara: I love the brush, but it didn’t do anything for my lashes.
- All Over Color Stick in Persimmon and Spotlight: These are creamy and they smell AMAZING! I’ve been using them to highlight and brighten my face and every time I use them I get compliments. I am going to get the third color pink lemonade these are so gorgeous and $1.
- Beautifully Bare Lightweight Concealer Stick in Light/ Medium: This was a new item and the packaging looked very sleek and was giving me some Marc Jacob vibes so I tried it. At the time this was the lightest shade they had and it matches me really well. When I set it with powder it lasts all day and it doesn’t crease in my under eye area. I really enjoy it so far and have been reaching for it every morning.
- Eyelash Curler: This doesn’t curl my lashes very well at all.
- High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow: I broke out from my usual buy of sheer and the yellow brightens up my face and is my favorite finishing powder still. It keeps my make up in place all day.
- Beautifully Bare 3 in 1 Makeup Base: This was another new item and it is an ok primer, but it isn’t worth $10. They have so many other primers that you can try that are better and have a friendlier price tag.
- Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Peach Please: These are very pretty eyeshadows with nice color payoff. The lighter shades make a great highlight as well.
- Mascara Primer: This added length and volume but it makes my lashes stick together and looks stringy. Maybe I haven’t found the right mascara to use it with yet because it got such good reviews, but so far its a pass from me.
Left to Right:
spotlight, persimmon, gold glitter eyeliner, concealer stick, eyeshadow primer, shadow & liner duo, and baked eyeshadow trio.
Thank you so much for reading and I will see you next time ♥